Friday, May 1, 2009

The Blossoms of Armageddon - Sean Renner

St. Louis' Sean Renner, is proof that one is enough. Renner is a solo artist that combines loops, ambiance, electronic sampling and more to develop and master beautiful pieces that are musically in-depth and lyrically satisfying. I kept finding myself saying throughout my several listens, "this is beautiful!"

Renner's newest album, The Blossoms of Armageddon is just what I needed to hear when I heard it. Songs like The Plain of Two Mists, sets incredible visual scenes through the complex layers Renner puts forth. The Deccan Traps continues the scene with a pulsing undertone of synthetic percussive loops and swirling vocals.

You'll quickly conclude that Renner is quite a mature writer that fans of Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, and Radiohead will adore.

Find out more at: www.myspace.com/seanrenner

RATING: 5 of 5 stars

No comments: